This article describes how to use a TrackMan, FlightScope or ForeSight launch monitor to automatically trigger a recording when hitting a shot. This is a good alternative to using a microphone when there is a lot of noise in the area such as winds or nearby golfers on the range.
Swing Catalyst 4.5 and later.
- Start Swing Catalyst and open Hardware settings in the main menu.
- Make sure you have connected your launch monitor device to the computer
- Make sure the the launch monitor software is running*
- Under Launch Monitor check the Enabled box to start registering ball and club data from the launch monitor
- Check Use as trigger to automatically trigger video recordings when a shot is registered
- Swing Catalyst will now automatically trigger a video recording every time a shot is registered.
* ForeSight can be used without the ForeSight simulator software running. Please see the corresponding support article for how to use ForeSight with Swing Catalyst.
Fig1: Make sure launch monitor is enabled and used as a trigger.
Fig 2: Navigate to launch monitor settings in the main menu.