This article describes how to use a TrackMan, FlightScope or ForeSight launch monitor to automatically trigger a recording when hitting the golf ball. This is a good alternative to using a microphone when there is a lot of noise in the area such as winds or nearby golfers on the range.
Swing Catalyst 4.5 and later
- Start Swing Catalyst and open Hardware settings from the settings menu
- Make sure you have connected your launch monitor device to the computer
- Make sure the the launch monitor software is running*
- Under Launch Monitor check the Enabled box to start registering ball and **club data from the launch monitor
- Check Use as trigger to automatically trigger video recordings when a shot is registered
- Swing Catalyst will now automatically trigger a video recording every time a shot is registered.
* Foresight can be used without the Foresight simulator software running. Please see the corresponding support article for how to use Foresight with Swing Catalyst.
**Not all devices support club data (also depending on mode).
Make sure launch monitor is enabled and used as a trigger.
Certain launch monitors have more delay than others in processing data. This can be compensated for by selecting the "Configuration" drop down, and adding delay in milliseconds to compensate for.
E.g. 1500 ms is a good value to try.