How to use the Foresight GC2 & HMT Launch Monitor with Swing Catalyst
This support article describes how to use the Foresight GC2 with Swing Catalyst.
Note: If you want to use FSX alongside the GC2, HMT data is not provided and you need to start FSX first then start Swing Catalyst, and select FSX Sim in the Swing Catalyst Settings.
From version 10.1.1 of Swing Catalyst, GC2 integration will be turned off by default in order to prevent issues with FSX 2020 closing when running Swing Catalyst.
If you have a GC2 and wish to continue using it with Swing Catalyst it needs to be enabled from the settings file (see the troubleshooting section below).
- Computer with a free USB port or WiFi (separate to internet connection).
- A license with support for a live streaming camera, web camera or high speed camera.
- Swing Catalyst 4.0 or later
- Important: Computer Recommendations.
Swing Catalyst integrates both with the GC2 and the add-on unit, HMT.
To use the GC2 alongside the Foresight Simulator software (FR-1, FSX, FSX 2020 etc), Foresight Simulator must be selected in Swing Catalyst's launch monitor settings.
Note: If you are unfamiliar with Swing Catalyst's launch monitor settings and how to use a launch monitor as a capture trigger please see our support article before continuing.
Direct Connection (no FSX integration):
This connection method connects to the unit directly without the need to run FSX side by side. If you have a HMT unit, Swing Catalyst will pick up club data as well.
- Follow the Foresight GC2 installation guide (see link above), and install the GC2 USB Drivers. Make sure you select the correct version depending on your Windows version.
- Ensure the GC2 is using the latest firmware version
With the GC2 off, connect the GC2 to your computer with the USB cable, then turn on the GC2.
- Start Swing Catalyst and go to Settings (from the main screen, click the gear icon bottom left), select Hardware.
- Enable Launch Monitor integration. Make sure Enable as trigger is checked if you want the launch monitor to act as a capture trigger.
- Select Foresight GC2
Example screenshot indicating the Foresight GC2 is identified and connected:
1. Select ForesightSim in the Launch Monitor selection list, if it doesn't show up automatically press "Search" to update the list.
2. Start the Foresight Simulator (supported variants are: FSX, FSX 2020, & FR-1).
3. Navigate to the Foresight Simulator settings, in the "On-Screen Data" section enable "Write Shots CSV" (see the simulator user manual for specifics or contact Foresight support for help with this).
Swing Catalyst monitors the Shots.CSV file for changes and actively uses that file to pick up on shot data from the simulator.
4. Make sure you're using Club Fitting mode (only mode that will provide all ball data).
This section contains troubleshooting steps for the Foresight GC2 and HMT as well as the use of the GC2 with FSX.
I just updated the software and the integration no longer works!
In version 10.1.1 of Swing Catalyst, the GC2 integration is turned off by default to prevent FSX2020 from closing itself when Swing Catalyst is running. This is a temporary workaround until Foresight is able to resolve the issue with FSX.
To turn the GC2 integration back on, close Swing Catalyst and navigate to the Settings folder:
- C:\ProgramData\Swing Catalyst\settings
- Right click on "GeneralSettings.xml" and click open with Notepad (or click Edit).
- Change <UseForesightGc2Usb>false</UseForesightGc2Usb> to <UseForesightGc2Usb>true</UseForesightGc2Usb> and save the document.
- Once saved, start Swing Catalyst again, the GC2 should show up in the launch monitor list.
Foresight USB connection
- Make sure Foresight USB is selected in Swing Catalyst Settings.
- Check the connection to the Foresight GC2 unit, and make sure the Foresight Simulator software is not running.
- If there is missing data or shots are not picked up properly it could indicate the flash module needs replacement. Or it may be the club is missing markers or the markers are no longer working properly.
- If you still can't get Foresight GC2 Launch Monitor data in Swing Catalyst, please submit a ticket through our help center.
Example screenshot showing device is connected to the computer but not fully enabled, make sure to select the device:
Foresight Simulator connection
1. Make sure you're receiving data in the Foresight Simulator.
2. Try closing Swing Catalyst, and starting the Foresight simulator first, then start Swing Catalyst.
3. Make sure that you're using Club Fitting mode in the Foresight simulator, and that Shots.CSV is enabled in the Settings.
4. Make sure that you have "Use as trigger" enabled in the Swing Catalyst settings.
Foresight Support: http://www.foresightsports.com/support/faqs