How to use the Foresight GC2 & HMT Launch Monitor with Swing Catalyst
This support article will describe how to setup the Foresight GC2 for usage with Swing Catalyst.
Note: If you want to use FSX with the GC2 select Foresight Simulator in the Swing Catalyst settings.
- Computer with a free USB port or WiFi (separate to internet connection).
- Swing Catalyst 4.0 or later
- Note: If you are to use HD cameras with Swing Catalyst we recommend running FSX separately (i.e not at the same time as Swing Catalyst) or on a different computer.
- Please make sure you at least have a NVidia GeForce 1080 or better and that the PC adequately follows Foresight's recommendations.
Swing Catalyst integrates both with the GC2 and the HMT. You can also just use the GC2 on itself with Swing Catalyst. GCQuad integration is not yet in place.
In order to use the Foresight GC2 with the Foresight Simulator, you need to select Foresight Simulator in the menu and start the simulator first.
Note: In order to use the Foresight launch monitor with Swing Catalyst you will need to have a camera that supports streaming video. (See Supported Cameras).
Foresight GC2 Launch Monitor USB:
- Follow the Foresight GC2 installation guide, and install the GC2 USB Drivers. Make sure you select the correct version depending on your Windows version. Make sure you have the latest firmware release & the new USB drivers that should be used with it. http://www.foresightsports.com/drivers-downloads
With the GC2 off, connect the GC2 to your computer with the USB cable, then turn on the GC2.
- Start Swing Catalyst and go to Settings - Hardware in start menu
- Enable Launch Monitor integration. Make sure Enable as trigger is checked if you want the launch monitor to act as a capture trigger.
- Select Foresight USB
Foresight GC2 Simulator integration:
1. Make sure you select Foresight Simulator in the Swing Catalyst Launch Monitor Settings.
2. Start the Foresight Simulator.
3. Navigate to the Foresight Simulator settings, and enable Shots.CSV (contact Foresight support for help with this).
4. Make sure you're using Club Fitting mode (only mode that will provide all ball data).
Troubleshooting Foresight USB
- Make sure the Foresight GC2 unit is connected to the PC, and that the Foresight Simulator software is not running in the background.
- Make sure you're getting data on the unit itself. If you're not receiving any data on the unit, the flash module might need replacement (contact Foresight Support).
- If you still can't get Foresight GC2 Launch Monitor data in Swing Catalyst, please contact email@example.com.
Troubleshooting Foresight Simulator
1. Make sure you're receiving data in the Foresight Simulator.
2. Try closing Swing Catalyst, and starting the Foresight simulator first, then start Swing Catalyst.
3. Try starting the simulator and Swing Catalyst as administrator (right click the program, and click run as administrator).
4. Make sure that you have 'Use as trigger' enabled in the Swing Catalyst settings.
5. Make sure that you're using Club Fitting mode in the Foresight simulator, and that Shots.CSV is enabled in the Settings.
Foresight Support: http://www.foresightsports.com/support/faqs