This support article will describe how to setup the Foresight GCQuad for usage with Swing Catalyst. The GCQuad works with FSX and Swing Catalyst simultaneously.
- Computer with a free USB port or WiFi (separate to internet connection).
- Swing Catalyst 8.0 or later
- Note: If you are to use HD cameras with Swing Catalyst we recommend running FSX separately (i.e not at the same time as Swing Catalyst) or on a different computer.
- Please make sure you at least have a NVidia GeForce 1080 or better and that the PC adequately follows Foresight's recommendations.
1. Plugin GCQuad via USB or WiFI*.
2. Select Foresight GCQuad in Swing Catalyst Settings -> Hardware
3. If using FSX keep the selection on GCQuad, it is not necessary to change to Foresight Simulator.
* If connecting via WiFi it's important you have another means of internet connectivity as it must be validated through the internet in order to use the GCQuad.
The Foresight GCQuad is not showing as connected or is not triggering
- Make sure that the Foresight GCQuad is showing up on your computer. It will show up as a Mass Storage Device under This PC.
- Connect the device to a different USB port on the computer if it doesn't show up.
- If connected through WiFi make sure you have access to the internet through other means, or have a separate WiFi dongle. The connection to the GCQuad must be dedicated.
- Make sure the GCQuad LED is green, not blue. If it is blue the club tracking is turned off. Club tracking must be on for it to work. See Foresight GCQuad manual for more information: https://www.foresightsports.com/sites/default/files/files/GCQuad_User_Manual.pdf
- Restart Swing Catalyst.
- Power cycle the Foresight GCQuad.
- Restart the computer.
- If you tried all these steps and it still shows as not connected in Swing Catalyst, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.