Swing Catalyst supports many different types of video cameras, the different types fall into 2 different categories.
- Live/streaming video capture using a computer. The image is automatically synchronized with other hardware sensors.
- Imported video from a video recording device such as a smart phone or hand held camera.
Depending on your license you may use up to 4 cameras, or not be licensed to use live streaming cameras at all.
If you are interested in purchasing a camera from us please visit our webshop
Live video capture
Using live video capture you can capture from multiple video cameras/angles simultaneously and automatically have all the data saved and synchronized.
The accuracy of the data synchronization depends a great deal on the type of camera. The best cameras for synchronization are high-speed machine vision cameras.
Most of our recommended cameras use a Global Shutter, which eliminates the rolling-shutter/bent club distortion effect.
For live video capture we currently support using the following camera types:
- Dragon USB 2 camera
- Other web camera's
High-Speed Machine Vision Cameras
Swing Catalyst supports a number of machine vision cameras. These cameras provide unique benefits for data synchronization.
There are many different types of machine-vision, in general there is a much greater variety in terms of both resolution and frames per second. We generally recommend a minimum of 50/60 FPS for golf swing analysis.
- Teledyne FLIR Blackfly S series cameras (USB & Ethernet)
- We also support the older Point Grey camera lineup.
- AVT Prosilica GC, GE, Manta and Mako series machine vision/high speed cameras (PVApi only)
- iDS uEye CP & SE series (note we do not support iDS Peak).
- Generic support for the USB3 Vision, GigE Vision & GenICam-standards through Mvtech Halcon.
High resolution cameras beyond Full HD is not recommended due to the longer encoding times and increased file sizes, depending on the frame rate and resolution it might not produce a satisfactory experience.