This support article describes the recommended computer specifications to run Swing Catalyst. If your computer has lower specifications than the recommended specifications below you may experience poor playback or problems capturing live video.
Minimum computer specification
The absolute minimum requirement for running Swing Catalyst without live streaming cameras.
- Windows 7 SP2, Windows 8 and later (32 or 64-bit)*
- Windows XP and Vista is no longer supported**
- Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.2 GHz dual processor or equivalent
- 4 GB system memory
- 3D-accelerated graphics card:
- Intel HD 3000 or HD 4000 (not recommended for playback of multiple camera angles)
- NVIDIA GeForce GT 520 or AMD Radeon HD 6470M
- Widescreen monitor (16:9 or 16:10 aspect ratio) with a minimum resolution of 1366x768
* It is important to keep your Windows up to date, ensure that you're running the latest software updates and service packs at all times.
** Windows XP only works on versions 4.6.x or older.
** Windows Vista only works on versions 6.2.x or older.
Recommended computer specification
Swing Catalyst runs optimally with these specifications.
- Windows 10 64-bit
- Intel® Core™ i5/i7 CPU (Skylake or newer architectures are recommended) or:
- AMR Ryzen 1700, 1700X & 1800X.
- 8 GB DDR3 RAM or more
- 7200RPM 1TB (or larger) hard drive or SSD
- 3D-accelerated graphics card with minimum 215 MB video memory. Either a dedicated card or onboard can be used, see below:
- NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1050, or AMD Radeon R9 280, 380 or 480 better (most mid to high range cards are suitable. Please see here for more information: http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/gpu_list.php)
- Onboard graphics: Intel HD (4600, 5000, 6000, + Iris Graphics , performance respectively, please contact support if you have additional questions about Intel graphics).
- Monitor capable of 1080p (Full HD) resolution. (Multiple monitors may be preferable depending on the setup.
If CCTV/analog cameras are to be used the following add-in cards are needed:
- Winnov Videum 4400 VO Xpress (requires 1x free PCIe slot) (supports 4 cameras)
- Winnov Videum 004 VO capture card (requires 1x free PCI slot ) (supports 3 or 4 cameras depending on PC)
Networking requirements for GigE Cameras
If AVT Prosilica highspeed GigE cameras are to be used, one or more network ports/cards are required.
Depending on the required bandwidth by the camera, one or two cameras can be used on each network port (please see your camera manufacturers bandwidth requirements).
We recommend the following network cards (with installed Intel drivers), and are recommended by most camera manufacturers:
- Intel Pro/1000 GT (requires a free PCI slot)
- Intel Pro/1000 CT (requires a free 1x PCIe slot)
- Intel Gigabit Server Adapter (with dual ports) (requires a free 4x PCIe slot)
Most gigabit ethernet network cards with support for jumbo frames will work.
The AVT Manta G-033, G-034, G-046 and Prosilica GC650 cameras can be run with two cameras on a single network port using a gigabit switch with (jumbo frames support). The AVT Prosilica GE680 requires a network port for each camera.
Gige cameras and network cards with known issues:
- IDS GigE cameras with Realtek Network cards.
Recommended USB 3.0 Components
Please see this support article on USB 3.0 compatibility: http://support.swingcatalyst.com/hc/en-us/articles/204239738-Recommended-USB-3-0-Components