Computer specification recommendations
This support article describes the recommended computer specifications to run Swing Catalyst (Golf & Baseball) and Motion Catalyst.
If your computer has lower specifications than the recommended specifications below you may experience poor playback or problems capturing live video.
Please note, Swing Catalyst or Motion Catalyst does not work with Mac OS.
Recommended specifications for multiple cameras
We only recommend gaming laptops with these minimum requirements:
- Intel i5/i7/i9 processor, generation 9 or newer (minimum 8 cores).
- 32 GB RAM
- Nvidia RTX 3050 or newer.
- Original high quality USB cables (not extension cables or USB hubs)
- Max two USB cameras connected
Depending on other hardware connected or third party software running, performance will vary. For example, Google Chrome occupies a lot of RAM and we recommend to close it before running Swing Catalyst on a laptop.
- A CPU capable of 3.8 to ~ 4GHz clock speeds (and up), are recommended for optimal performance.
- Consider the amount of CPU cores, if you are only going to be using Swing Catalyst (Golf / Baseball). If you're using multiple applications and multiple cameras with multiple force plates more cores help.
- AVX support: CPU's that don't support AVX are not supported. This means CPU's older than ~2011, and some Xenon CPU's.
- Intel 13th Generation:
- Intel Core i7-13700KF
- Intel Core i9-13900K
- Intel Core i9-13900KF
- Intel Core i7-13700K
- Intel Core i5-13600K
- Intel Core i5-13600KF
- Intel 12th Generation:
- Intel Core i5-12600
- Intel Core i5-12600K
- Intel Core i7-12700K