This article covers the new key metrics databox introduced in version 10.0. Although released in version 10.0 this article covers functionality available in 10.2 which may be different from earlier versions.
- Available in version: 10.2 and up.
- Applicable to: Motion Catalyst
- Required hardware: Force plate(s) / Motion Plate / Dual Motion Plate.
- Software license that supports key metrics.
What are key metrics?
The key metrics are derived from force data and analysis is performed on this data.
Different activities have different key metrics, and not all activities have the same amount of key metrics available.
What activities are key metrics available for?
Key metrics are available for the following activities in Motion Catalyst:
- Counter Movement Jump
- Dynamic Balance
- Isometric Mid-Thigh Pull
- Plyo-push up
- Push Up
- Repeated Hops
- Static Balance
- Squat Jump
- Upper Body Plank
We are looking to expand this list and support other sports in the future such as golf & baseball.
The Key Metrics data box
Key metrics is a new databox that shows key values from valuable points in an activity.
It's possible to customize which key metrics are shown by selecting each "tile" and selecting from the key metrics drop-down menu. These selections will be remembered for the next recording you open, similar to how it remembers which databox is shown.
It's possible to change the layout of the Key Metrics databox from 4, 6 or 8 metrics.
Reducing the amount of metrics can be helpful to reduce clutter and improve visibility.
Export all key metrics (TSV)
The Key Metrics databox also supports exporting all of the available key metrics to a tsv (tab separated values) file directly from the databox itself.
Key metrics are missing for this recording
In some cases key metrics aren't available for a specific activity or the recorded activity, clicking "More info" can reveal more information about why key metrics are unavailable.
- Not performing the activity properly / according to protocol.
- Moving too much before performing the activity.
- Incorrect body weight configuration.
- Bad force plate calibration (try to calibrate / zero the force plates).
- Improper force plate setup.
I don't have the Key Metrics data box
Key metrics is only available for Motion Catalyst and for a select number of activities.
- License doesn't support key metrics.
- Not using Motion Catalyst / no license for Motion Catalyst.
- Activity or sport doesn't support key metrics.