This article aims to show the pressure distribution video overlay functionality that is an extension of the force vectors feature that was introduced with version 10.1 of Swing Catalyst & Motion Catalyst.
- Applicable software variants: Motion Catalyst & Swing Catalyst.
- Versions: 10.2
- Required hardware: Balance Plate or Motion Plate (or dual Motion Plate).
For more details on force vectors please see our force vectors article.
Enabling the Pressure Distribution Bar's
Just like force vectors, the pressure distribution bars require calibration.
Please note that there is a difference between performing a calibration in capture mode and in playback mode. If performed in capture it applies to all subsequent recordings. If performed in playback it applies only to that specific recording, therefore we recommend calibrating in capture mode so all new recordings automatically have the calibration set.
From the options it's possible to change the transparency and the colors of the pressure distribution bars.
This is very similar to the existing functionality for force vectors.
Performing a new calibration
- Make sure you are in capture mode if you wish for the calibration to be stored for new recordings.
- Click "Data Visuals" & "Set markers!".
- With the mouse click on each corner of your Balance Plate or Motion Plate / Dual Motion Plate.
- Save the calibration.
- Click "Data Visuals" again, and turn "Pressure Distribution" to "ON".
Note the video below is for demonstration purposes. You should select the corners of your plate in the video image.