Most Frequently Asked Questions
This is an overview of the most frequently asked questions.
Please see our help center for more support articles and guides, if you need to contact us please submit a support request.
Table of Contents
- Software license
- Which version of the software am I running?
- Balance Plate
- How do I improve my camera settings (brightness and club shaft clarity)
- Launch Monitor integration
- Remote support
- Importing and exporting videos
- Purchasing updates and support
1. Open Swing Catalyst and go to the "General" settings.
2. Click "Show license configuration"
3. Here you will see "Owned by ______", as well as any expiration dates that apply to your license.
1. Open Swing Catalyst software and go to your settings.
2. Go to Hardware section and click the "Configure" button.
3. Go to the 2nd tab in the top left called "Stance Sensor".
4. Click "browse and install" and navigate to the location where you saved your calibration file, it's usually in the "Download" section by default.
- Open Swing Catalyst software and go to your settings.
- Go to Hardware section and click the "Configure" button.
- Go to the 3rd tab in the top left called "Sensor Info".
- Here you will see the 4 digit serial number for your balance plate.
Step 1: Open Swing Catalyst and go to your camera settings
Step 2: Click "Advanced" and go to the "Camera" tab.
*If you have a lot of club shaft blur its because the exposure is too high.
- Lower "Exposure" = Less shaft blur but darker image. (Low exposure is also required to get the maximum FPS).
- You can increase the "Gain" to increase brightness. However this will make the image a little grainy.
- Make sure the shutter on the physical lens is all the way open, this will give you more room to lower the exposure. (see picture below)
- You can also increase the "Gamma" to further brighten the image and reduce the exposure even more if needed.
This lens has three adjustments, from top to bottom:
- Focus (adjusting towards the ∞ symbol will make objects further away in the background in focus)
- Aperture (iris adjustment, will adjust how much light is able to pass through the lens, a more closed aperture will result in a sharper image).
- Zoom (adjusts the zoom of the lens wide or telephoto).
- If the entire launch monitor section is 'Grayed Out', you most likely have the Basic version of Swing Catalyst. Only the "Pro" version supports launch monitor integration.
- Please check launch monitor is enabled, use as trigger is checked and the correct launch monitor is selected. When the "(not connected)" goes away Swing Catalyst is connected to your launch monitor.
- If you are not able to connect, please see: https://support.swingcatalyst.com/hc/en-us/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&query=launch+monitor & find a corresponding setup article / guide; certain launch monitors need to be configured to work with Swing Catalyst.
- If you are still having problems feel free to submit a request through our help center: https://support.swingcatalyst.com/hc/en-us
Step 1: Open Swing Catalyst and click the "?" button in the bottom left corner.
Step 2: Click "Start Remote Support" button. This will open a small program called Swing Catalyst Remote Support.
Step 3: As long as you're connected to the internet you should get an ID number, please send this to your support agent.
*If you're unable to start Swing Catalyst or Remote Support please see our Remote Support article for alternatives.
1. Older customers who purchased their software for life have the option to purchase updates and support after the first year to ensure they have access to the latest updates as well as phone/remote support.
2. One year of updates and support can be purchased from our web shop for $249 USD. https://shop.swingcatalyst.com/products/support-update-plan
3. If you have multiple licenses you will need to purchase an update and support plan for each one you wish to extend.
4. Please try to include the license name in the comments section during checkout to ensure the purchase is applied to the correct license. Instructions on how to find your license name can be found at the top of this FAQ.
*You do not have to use a specific account to make this purchase as long as you include the license name in the comments during checkout.