How to roll back to an older software version
This support article describes how to install a previous version of Swing Catalyst.
If you're a beta user and wish to install the previous stable version, please make sure to uncheck "allow beta versions" once you have installed the stable version.
When rolling back to an older software version, Swing Catalyst will automatically attempt to find and load a matching database version.
With every major release, e.g. 9.8 -> 10.0, 10.0 -> 10.1 there is a change in the database version.
More often than not this is due to new functionality or features, say with version 10 that are not compatible with version 9.8. This means if you wish to install the previous version of Swing Catalyst, it will load the database used said version, and any new recordings made in the new version will not be available once the older version has been loaded.
Therefor it's important to take this into consideration when wanting to roll back the software version.
How to uninstall Swing Catalyst
- Go to Windows Settings. Right click on the Windows icon on the Task bar , and select Settings
- In Settings, click on Apps, then scroll down to you see Swing Catalyst, or type Swing in the search bar.
- Click on Swing Catalyst then click Uninstall.
- Click Yes and follow the on screen instructions.
Installing a previous version
Older versions of Swing Catalyst can be found in our software archive.
https://www.swingcatalyst.com/downloads/archives (scroll down from the download section):
- Click on the version you wish to install to download the installer file.
- Files you download are usually put in the Downloads folder
- Double click the version you wish to install and follow the onscreen instructions.