This article describes how to copy the students and recordings made in Swing Catalyst from one computer to another computer, for example when upgrading to a better computer.
There is two ways to transfer your database.
1. Exporting all swings as .take files. This method has the benefit of allowing you to back up all swings but also import only selected golfers/swings as needed. It's also much easier to merge databases from two different computers with this method.
2. You can also cut/copy the entire database folder via Windows
Make sure Swing Catalyst is installed on the computer you are copying the database to.
Ensure you have enough room on a USB stick or external hard drive to fit the database + database file.
1. Exporting all recordings
- Open Swing Catalyst and navigate to your database.
- Click on "Export" then select "Export All Recordings"
- Select where you want to export, such as a USB thumb drive or external hard drive.
- Connect your USB thumb drive or external hard drive to the new computer, you can now import your recordings individually, or entire folders via the import button.
2. Copying the Database
- Open the Windows File Explorer
- Type the following and hit enter: %programdata%
This should open Windows Explorer inside the program data folder.
- Navigate into the "Swing Catalyst" folder.
- Copy the "database" folder (highlighted in the image below) to the same path on the new computer, typically: C:\ProgramData\Swing Catalyst\database
- Copy SwingCatalyst.s3db database file (highlighted in the image below). Located in C:\ProgramData\SwingCatalyst