This article describes how to copy the students and recordings made in Swing Catalyst from one computer to another computer, for example when upgrading to a better computer.
Make sure Swing Catalyst is installed on the computer you are copying the database to.
Ensure you have enough room on a USB stick or external hard drive to fit the database + database file.
Copying the Database
- Open the Windows File Explorer
- Type the following and hit enter: %programdata%
This should open Windows Explorer inside the program data folder.
- Navigate into the "Swing Catalyst" folder.
- Copy the "database" folder (highlighted in the image below) to the same path on the new computer, typically: C:\ProgramData\Swing Catalyst\database
- Copy SwingCatalyst.s3db database file (highlighted in the image below). Located in C:\ProgramData\SwingCatalyst