Lesson videos are a helpful tool for the instructor either for drills or as a summary of the practice session. The lesson video basically records the entire Swing Catalyst application as it is shown on-screen, and allows you to open and compare any swings, draw and write text using the drawing tools and play back the swings as you see fit. When you are happy you end the video and can share it as a video file on thumb drives, send by email or share by YouTube.
- Instructors wanting to create drills or summaries in the form of a video clip with optional audio commentary.
- In Swing Analysis mode click the Record button in the top menu.
- The timer will start counting seconds to indicate that the entire Swing Catalyst application is being recorded. Even the mouse pointer.
- What you want to do while recording is entirely up to you, but here are a few suggestions:
- Open the swings you want to play back or compare with each other.
- Play back from start to end in slow motion to give an overview.
- Move timeline to show particular points in the golf swing of interest.
- Use drawing tools to add lines or text as annotations to different points in the swing.
- Use the lesson microphone to add voice commentary while recording.
- Move the mouse pointer around a spot to emphasize anything on the screen. It will be highlighted in the video and easy to see.
- Use the pause button to avoid spending video time on settings up lines, text or when opening new swings that takes time. For instance, if you want to go through a number of points in the swing and have different lines or text for each, you can use the pause between when moving between and setting up each position.
- When you are happy, click the Stop button to show the preview dialog.
- Play back the preview to make sure it looks alright and that the microphone audio was included.
- Choose to either Save as video file to disk, share by email or share to YouTube.
- Previously recorded lessons can be found in your swing explorer under the lesson tab.
Issue: Microphone doesn't work in Swing Catalyst.
Windows 10 April 2018 Update resulting microphone problems
For some users Windows 10 is now blocking Swing Catalyst from using the microphone, on the basis of privacy settings.
After upgrading to version 1803, a small number of users have been reporting that the microphone is getting detected, but it doesn't pick up any sound. In order to get around this issue, Microsoft recommends that you need to enable the microphone in your Privacy settings using these steps:
Open SettingsClick on Privacy
Click on Microphone
Turn on the Allow apps to access your microphone toggle switch.
See this Microsoft website for more details.
In some cases anti virus software may be causing issues with lesson recording.
Some anti virus software such as Kaspersky causes Swing Catalyst to freeze while recording lessons.
Please uninstall Kaspersky and use a different anti virus software such as Windows Defender or Carbon Black.