How to use the Log Sender Utility
This article describes how to send Swing Catalyst logs to the support crew, which is sometimes needed to help figure out a problem the customer is having. The logs contain information about everything performed and stored in Swing Catalyst, and may also include information about the computer and the Windows user, but will only be used to help identify problems and the information will never be shared with third parties.
- The support team asks you to send log files.
- You want to report a bug.
- Open Windows Start Menu.
- In the search field type Swing Catalyst Log Sender.
1. Press the Windows key on your keyboard, and then write log sender (similarly to the example in Windows 7).
- Enter your name, email and a short comment, then click the "Send logs" button.
There are cases where support wants specific log information from an incident.
Please note that this is only necessary if support personnel specifically asks for log files to be sent in this fashion.
If you know the approximate time of when you ran into problems please send the file with the time modified date that is closest to when the issue occurred.
The path where log files are stored is: `C:\ProgramData\Swing Catalyst\logs`.
- Go to the ProgramData directory, type `%programdata% in the Windows File explorer and hit enter.
- Open the Swing Catalyst directory, then open the log directory.
- Copy the `log.txt` file and the previously last modified log file.
- Attach it to the support ticket or email you are sending to support.