This article describes how to setup the Swing Catalyst Balance Plate 1 for the first time. The balance plate measures pressure distribution, footprints, stance and weight shift patterns.
- Computer with a free USB 2.0 port.
- Swing Catalyst 4.0 or later (32-bit only!)
- Serial number starting with 1243133.
Setting it Up
- Download and install the two files for balance plate 1: https://swingcatalyst.com/drivers
- Connect power cable to a power outlet.
- Connect USB cable to PC. Wait for drivers to install and follow any instructions if presented.
- Start Swing Catalyst 32-bit and go to Hardware settings in main menu.
- Click the "Sensor Plate Version" dropdown and select "Balance Plate 1".
- Enable the plate by switching the slider from Off to On.
- Restart Swing Catalyst 32-bit, then go to Swing Analysis, Select a Golfer and click Capture.
- The following dialog will open every time on startup. Click "Insert device" to configure the sensor. You only have to do this once.
- Select "G40x72z2" and click OK close the second dialog.
- Click OK to close dialog the first dialog.
Note: The next time this dialog is shown on startup you can just click OK if you have already completed these steps.
- Go to Hardware settings and verify that the Sensor Plate is shown as connected.
- Your device should now be ready to use.
Start a new session in Swing Analysis and verify you get pressure readings in the Pressure and Stance databox when capturing swings.