This support article will describe how to setup a new Balance Plate 2 & or 3 for use with your Swing Catalyst Studio.
- Computer with a free USB port.
- Swing Catalyst 4.0 or later.
- Install the drivers from Windows Start Menu - Swing Catalyst - Drivers folder.
For 64-bit Windows, run "Balance Plate #2 Driver Installer (x64)"
For 32-bit Windows, run "Balance Plate #2 Driver Installer (x86)"
Do I have 32-bit or 64-bit Windows?
You can also find the drivers on https://www.swingcatalyst.com/drivers
- Connect the balance plate to the computer.
- Start Swing Catalyst and go to Hardware settings in the main menu.
- Under "Sensor Plate Version" select "Balance Plate 2".
- Make sure to enable the Balance Plate, and make sure it says connected.
- Click the "Configure..." button to open the configuration dialog.
- Make sure you are connected to the internet and go to the Stance Sensor tab, and click Download and install.
- If you have the calibration file and wish to install it manually click Browse and install.
Please note that installing can take a few seconds.
- When installation is completed it will let you know and you can click OK to close the two dialogs.
- Your device should now be ready to use.
Start a new session in Swing Analysis and verify you get pressure readings in the Pressure and stance databox when capturing swings.
The balance plate is not showing as connected
- Make sure the device is recognized by Windows.
- Open Windows device manager. How?
- Verify the Sensor Edge device is present under Ports (COM & LPT)
- If it is not, or has a warning symbol, then try reinstalling the drivers and reconnecting the device to a different USB port.
- Connect the device to a different USB port on the computer.
- Restart Swing Catalyst.
- Restart the computer.
- If you tried all these steps and it still shows as not connected in Swing Catalyst, please contact email@example.com.
See attached pdf's.